Houston Home Construction Resources
- Check the City of Houston Planning and Development Services Division about building permits before you build or renovate.
- Consult the Greater Houston Builders Association to find a qualified builder or home remodeling contractor.
- Having problems with your builder? The Texas Residential Construction Commission can help.
Houston Home Energy Efficiency & Environmental Quality
- Energy Star Tax Rebates available in Houston. You may qualify for tax incentives for energy efficiency improvements to new and existing homes. Certainly worth a look! There are energy rebate programs for small businesses too.
- Facts and information on Mesothelioma. Asbestos, which has been conclusively linked to the eventual development of mesothelioma, can be found in 80% of structures within the United States. Much of this asbestos is located within HVAC fixtures.