Cool Ways to Beat the Texas Heat
The Texas heat is no joke. That’s why, when the sizzling hot temperatures are in full swing this month, many residents find themselves retreating to their homes to keep their cool. However, while it’s too hot to enjoy some fun in the sun, it can also seem far too boring to stay cooped up indoors.
Thankfully, the Clear the Air team is here to help.
Rather than resorting to napping or having another movie marathon, we’ve curated a list of cool indoor activities and tasks that will help you stay busy, have fun and be productive on even the hottest of days—and these don’t include things like scheduling AC service or AC maintenance in Houston, TX, although we believe that’s never a bad idea!
Tips & Tricks to Keep Your Cool
It’s August in the Houston area, which means most of us are less than interested in venturing outside. Because outside, there’s excessive heat. And there’s high humidity. And there’s sweating. And, well, you get the idea.
So, to keep your boredom and perspiration to a minimum, we recommend the following:
- Play a board game. Whether you dust off a classic, like Monopoly or Risk, or grab a newer game, like Ticket to Ride, let friends and family know that it’s game on.
- Tackle a puzzle. When you want to sharpen your brain, try solving a puzzle. Crossword puzzles, word searches and jigsaw puzzles are all fun ways to spend a day and boost your brainpower.
- Do fun arts & crafts. Relieve stress and rediscover your creative spark with some arts and crafts. Just search Pinterest for some inspiration! For example, give your dining table a makeover with a DIY centerpiece. Or, try making wall art for the family room or dream catchers for the kids’ rooms.
- Pick up a new hobby. Your schedule is typically jam-packed, so use this time to cross something off of your bucket list! Always wanted to play the piano? Find instructional videos or book a class. Want to learn how to knit? Grab a needle and yarn, and then start researching. Since you finally have a few minutes to yourself, consider taking up that interest that you haven’t had time for.
- Spring cleaning, summer edition. We know that summertime is all about enjoying some R&R. But, being productive every now and then can be both rewarding and fun. We promise. Use a small chunk of time to de-clutter play rooms, catch up on laundry, organize closets or clear out the fridge. You’ll be happy you did!
The Most Trusted AC Company in Houston, TX
Things might be heating up, but with our Clear the Air Cooling & Heating team on your side, you can always keep your cool with fun indoor activities and a home that’s equipped with a reliable air conditioning unit. From AC maintenance and AC repairs to equipment replacement and installation, we provide comprehensive HVAC services in the Houston, TX area so you can beat the heat on summer’s hottest days and beyond.
Contact Clear the Air Cooling & Heating Today
To learn more about our services or to chat with a team member, fill out our online form or call us at 832.224.5595.