Are you following any of the Olympic Games from Beijing? Did you see that opening ceremony? Amazing!
I wanted to watch it again online but took forever to find decent footage anywhere. Opening ceremonies videos are being pulled from YouTube. NBC.com, who is supposed to be the only one with the rights to broadcast Olympics coverage in the US, has an archived video of the opening ceremonies but it was hard to find and it’s only highlights. Here is the link to their video archive.
We did some Googling around and it was much easier to find a number of athletes from the Houston area that are competing in Beijing. Here is the list we compiled;
- Kyle Bennett of Conroe, TX To the north of Houston – Cycling
- Laura Wilkinson of Spring, TX – Diving
- Nancilea Underwood Foster of Conroe, TX – Diving
- Raj Bhavsar of Houston, TX – Gymnastics
- Jonathan Horton of Houston, TX – Gymnastics
- Walton (Glenn) Eller of Katy, TX to the West of Houston – Shooting
- Stuart Holden of Houston, TX – Soccer
- Catherine Osterman of Houston, TX – Softball
- Diana Lopez, Mark Lopez, & Steven Lopez (brothers and sisters) of Sugar Land, TX – Taekwondo
- Kerron Clement of La Porte, TX (lives in LA) – Track & Field
That’s what we could find, If you know of anymore from Houston Metro drop a note in the comments below. We wish them, and the entire TEAM USA the best of luck in China. Bring home some gold!
Update & Medal Count
We have some medals! 🙂
- Raj Bhavsar along with Jonathan Horton helped secure a bronze for men’s team gymnastics
- Jonathan Horton also won a silver medal on the high bar
- Spc. Walton Glenn Eller III wins gold in double trap shooting and sets 2 records
- The Lopez family all medaled in their Tae Kwon Do events. Diana Lopez captured bronze, Mark Lopez took silver, & Steven Lopez won a bronze medal.
- Catherine Osterman and the rest of the womens softball team won silver
- Kerron Clement earned silver in the 400m hurdles
Looks like our Houston area athletes really did well overall. A high percentage of them brought back medals. Congrats to all of them!
China certainly did put on a great Olympic Games. Again the closing ceremonies were a spectacular display.Inspecting the HVAC System When Buying a Home in Houston » « New Website Design