How to Apply for Your Energy Tax Credits

Clear The Air Logo

In order to receive energy tax credits you must submit the proper forms to the IRS when you file your personal income taxes. A previous post outlines eligible HVAC installations for 2011 tax credits.

What do You Need to Submit to Get Your Energy Tax Credit?

You’ll need a copy of IRS Form 5695 – Residential Energy Credits. You can download and print a copy of that form here (PDF Document).

After calculating your tax credit on form 5695 enter that number onto line 52 of your form 1040. Submit the 5695 along with your 1040.

Remember to save your receipts and the equipment manufacturer’s certification statement. If you get audited you’ll need to have these.

Tax Credit Deadlines

HVAC equipment that qualifies for the tax credit must be installed by December 31, 2011. Sales receipts used to claim the credit must be from on or before that date.

You must submit IRS From 5695 with your 2011 taxes by April 15th, 2012.

Schedule Your Appointment Today
Details Regarding Your Request...
Contact and Service Location...
You and Your Service Location
To Serve You Best...
Have we served you in the past?
What Date Is Convenient For You?
What time of day is best for you?
First Available
Back Next