Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour
Provides excellent customer service by making prompt and courteous deliveries of customer orders. Makes pick-ups as necessary. Performs general warehouse duties and customer assistance as needed. Performs all job responsibilities in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Load truck accurately and safely for customer deliveries.
- Drive company vehicle to make customer deliveries and stock pick-ups, obeying traffic laws and safety procedures. Maintain appropriate licensing, credentials and acceptable driving record.
- Check in and put away material, verifying quantities and quality of received material. Maintain clear isles and walkways. Ensure material is properly organized.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of branch as needed. Clean warehouse, counter area, bathrooms, etc.
- Know location of merchandise in warehouse. Keep material organized and put away.
- Continuously update product knowledge. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability. Know location of merchandise in warehouse.
- Participate in ongoing education and training as directed or desired.
- Report back orders or discrepancies.
- Perform vehicle and/or forklift inspections as required, schedule routine or repair maintenance as needed. Maintain presentable truck appearance, cleaning as needed.
- Perform cycle counts as required following through on discrepancies as needed.
Abilities and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, or carry; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance or stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 lbs. and up to 25 lbs. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 100 lbs. Must be able to safely tolerate heat in the summer and cold in the winter.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; read and identify numbers for accurate order filling and receiving of material. The employee is regularly required to apply sound reasoning and logic performing daily tasks. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a forklift, pallet jack.